This article is designed to provide homeowners with a step-by-step guide on how to select the best roofers in the market. The information provided herein will come in handy when planning to construct, repair or replace a roof. To find out more on how to choose the right roofing company, keep reading this article to the very end.
1. Do your research
Before stepping out into the market, begin by doing research on the different types of roofing companies accessible in your area. There are different sources of information that you can utilize for this purpose. For example:
- You can ask for references from your colleagues, friends, family or neighbors. Then again, you can consult the real estate agency that sold for you the house or the construction company that was responsible for building the house.
- You can surf through the internet for roofing companies in your city/town. Majorities of companies today rely on the internet to get the word out on their services. While surfing through the sales websites, pay attention to the comments and feedbacks left by previous clients.
Do not settle for the first roofing contractor referred to you. Instead do background check on the company. This can be done by checking the Better Business Bureau website for complaints and by asking the company to provide you with 3-4 professional references.
2. Ask Questions
To narrow down on the right company to hire for the roofing project, you need to ask as many questions as possible. Listed below are some of the questions you can ask the roofing contractor during your first meeting:
- How long have you been in the roofing construction and repair business?
- Is your business licensed by the local government? If so, are you affiliated to a professional organization?
- Have you insured and bonded your business?